• Repair and restoration of existing wooden decks
• Replacement of damaged deck components
• Deck boards, posts, beams, railing, and steps
• Multilevel decks, freestanding decks, roof decks
• Pressure washing with Eco-friendly non-toxic detergent
• Countersinking nails, old stain removal, sanding
• Protective coating: Timber Oil, waterproofing deck Stain & Sealer
• Redwood decks, cedar decks, IPE decks, TREX composite decks
Vanguard Home Solutions
I first contacted Vanguard Home Solutions, Igor was timely in his response, a clear communicator, and quick to get out to the house to provide us an estimate. He took his time inspecting our wooden stairs and landings, pointing out what should be addressed from a safety perspective. At no time did I feel like he was trying to oversell work that could be done. He was rather pragmatic about the work that needed to be done. In the end, his estimate worked within our budget, and we selected him to repair our stairs. Our job had to be spaced out over several days due to poor weather, but if there was sun (no rain), Igor's crew showed up for work. We are pleased with the result. He breathed new life into our stairs. He also guarantees his work for several years. Igor went above and beyond and patched a hole we had in one of our exterior walls at no additional cost. I highly recommend giving Igor a call!
Michael G., San Francisco, CA, 1/28/2019
Igor was quick to respond, with great follow through. He gave an honest and cost conscious suggesting on how to extend the life of my deck, and completed the work quickly and efficiently. I would highly recommend him, and will definitely use him again.
Michael L., San Rafael, CA, 1/24/2019
I am very happy with Vanguard Home Solutions. They did high quality work at a reasonable cost. Their recommendation to refinish a deck saved me from doing a replacement that would have cost as much as 10x more. We recently purchased a house with 3 decks that appeared to need replacement. The upper floor deck had a beam that went inside the house which had some dry rot. The wood on the other decks looked cracked and to my untrained eye it appeared that all decks needed to be replaced. I had estimates done from a few companies. Other than Vanguard Home Solutions, no one else questioned the need to replace the decks (obviously it is more profitable to replace than to refinish). Meanwhile, upon inspecting the decks, Igor from Vanguard Home Solutions stated that the decks can be sanded down and refinished with timber oil. Regarding the dry rot damage, he proposed reinforcing the existing beam instead of doing an intrusive and costly replacement. The quoted cost was very reasonable for the amount of work involved. I was given a time window for when the work would be done. Later, Igor offered to start a little sooner, which was welcome. The work was performed quickly, with at least 2 people working at a time and was finished within a week. The resulting decks look very good. While there are slight signs of age on the wood, I think it only makes the decks look better. Throughout the process, Igor's communication was great. He also helped to fix some damage on the decks free of charge that had accidentally been caused by other contractors (not from Vanguard). I will definitely contact Igor in the future for any work relating to decks.
Lukasz W., Belmont, CA, 6/17/2018
• Surface cleaning, pressure wash, scraping loose paint
• Siding repair: sealing and patching cracks and holes
• Exterior trims and moulding repair and restoration
• Painting with 2 coats of high-quality exterior paint
• Cabinets, moldings, shelfs installation
• Tiles, countertops, backsplashes installation
• Hardwood, vinyl, laminate floors installation
• Plumbing and electrical installation
License # 994695